We are able to do so much more together, than if we were chasing this vision alone.
Well over 100 years ago, a single missionary named Lottie Moon, while serving in China, began writing letters challenging the American church to send and support more workers to go there. After her death on the field, her challenge was heeded in the formalization of an offering in her name. Even if you’re not a Southern Baptist who has given to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering, her life is a reminder of why we must give to send and support missionaries serving among unreached peoples in unreached places.
THIS WORK is POSSIBLE THROUGH YOUR GENEROSITY
- 100% of your generous gifts provide missionaries the services they need to live among the unreached peoples they serve.
- $55 – two weeks’ training for one house church leader
- $350 – translation of one Bible story into sign language
- $7500 – one year of international school
Your Prayers Transform Lives
- PRAY for missionaries as they lead in different types of trauma-healing ministry all over the world. It can take a toll on them. In refugee ministry, for instance, missionaries’ continuous exposure to horrific pain and loss can create its own trauma—trauma that can manifest itself in anger over injustice or a sense of helplessness and depression in the face of so much human need. They can also deal with compassion fatigue. Pray missionaries would have spiritual, emotional, and physical stamina to carry out their ministry over the long haul.
- PRAY for missionaries as they face the practical struggles of their ministry assignments. From navigating massive amounts of city traffic to maintaining vehicles for use in remote areas, missionaries can have enormous challenges just getting to the people they are trying to reach.
- PRAY for personnel to work well with a diverse team of partners on the field—national partners, other US-based agencies, and missionaries from other countries.
- PRAY for missionaries as they struggle with being so far away from their home church, country, and family members. Pray they would have peace in knowing that they are not forgotten by us.
Week of Prayer December 1-8
To receive daily prayer reminders via email during this year’s Week of Prayer subscribe below
(all content taken from www.imb.org)