God’s Wisdom Elevates
The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgemen
We are surrounded by resources that feed us advice.
We are surrounded by resources that feed us advice. From Google to social media, we can find out anything we want to know about relationships, life choices, wealth, and how to act. But often the advice we get from the world misdirects us, leaving us vulnerable, empty and corrupted. But true wisdom flows from the Lord. When we know God and His Word, we are able to gain a perspective (Godly Wisdom) that is centered on the knowledge of Him and His ways. That perspective helps us to respond appropriately. Godly wisdom elevates our conversations, our choices, our relationships, and our behavior so that we can elevate Him in all that we do.
WEEKLY PRAYER PROMPTS
Choose a time and day of the week for the next four weeks to focus and pray.
Learning His Word
The primary way to gain Godly Wisdom is by learning His Word:
The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.
- Ask God to help you be alert as you read Scripture for lessons, commands, or examples that you can put into practice.
- What are some lessons that are always with you? Thank God for those seeds of wisdom and His words of truth.
- How can you use those lessons to be set apart from the world?
Carefully select the company you keep
We can develop Godly Wisdom by carefully selecting our closest friends.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.
- Who are the wise and godly people in your life?
- Pray for God to reveal any unhealthy relationships in your life, and ask for His wisdom on how to move forward.
- Paul instructed the Corinthians to “imitate me as I imitate Christ”. Who can you share your Godly wisdom with?
God Gives Wisdom Generously
God is delighted to give us wisdom when our hearts are ready to receive it.
If any of you lacks wisdom, they should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to them. But when they ask, they must believe and not doubt, because they who doubt is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
- Asking God for wisdom will grow your faith and increase your endurance. What situation or decision do you need his counsel with?
- Do you believe that God has the answers for you? Ask Him to apply His Truth in your life and praise Him in advance for what He is going to do.
- Commit yourself wholeheartedly to the Lord in prayer today. Trust in Him, acknowledge Him, and ask Him to make your paths straight.
The Spirit of Wisdom
The Holy Spirit is the source of all wisdom and revelation about the character of God.
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to flood your heart with the knowledge of God so you can know Him better.
- Pray for the wisdom of the Holy Spirit to free you from worry and make a way for you to accomplish His purposes.
- A life filled with the Spirit of wisdom abides in Christ and bears much fruit. Ask the Lord to illuminate His wisdom in your thoughts and actions so your life can be marked by love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control.