The Oasis in Mexico
Just Go...You'll Get it
"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matt 19:14
ABOUT CASA HOGAR
Casa Hogar is a children’s home in Reynosa, Mexico where the majority of the children are able to leave and visit with family on the weekends and holidays, provided family accommodations are suitable. The children live on campus, attend school on campus, and experience christian values. They are not only taught how to respect and care for themselves but they learn how to take care of one another and their physical surroundings through Biblical principles. The children take home the Bible stories and christian values they learn to their parents and families, which has led to some parents joining a local church. The ages of the children range from 4 to 16 years of age.
Children who enter the doors of Casa Hogar are from single parents who have no other way to care for their children. Casa Hogar is a safe place where a single parent can send their children while they work to support themselves and prepare for their children to return home with them. It is completely free for the parents, but most of the parents insist on stopping by one night a week to volunteer their time and work how they can (clean, cook, tend to the farm, handyman jobs, or construction).
Casa Hogar provides stability, community, and an atmosphere of love to each child. The children’s home is run and operated by workers with Godly principles, some of whom grew up in the home and have returned to share the love and care they received as a child themselves there.
TRIPS GENERALLY INCLUDE
- VBS-style games and activities with the kids
- Sports games/tournaments with the kids and workers
- Construction work – laying concrete, sheetrock, painting
- Helping with daily chores – cooking, gardening, grounds upkeep
- Painting the Bible Stories Mural
- Pushing the kids on los columpios (the swings – you’ll learn that word before you leave)
- Plenty of hugs and love from the children
- Pray for the workers, children, and teams going on missions trips to Casa Hogar
- Provide a scholarship for someone who is going. (Fund – missions / Designate toCasa Hogar)
- Plan to participate on the next trip
- Christmas gift adoption