1 Peter 2:9 (NIV) reads, “You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”
The Bible definitively declares that, we, the followers of Jesus, are extraordinary people in the eyes of our Father.
- We are individually chosen to form the Church collective.
- We intercede with the Creator on behalf of the world.
- We are set apart by the Father for his specific purposes.
- We are precious possessions owned by God.
This Is Who You Are
Given that God has such a high view of you and me it only makes sense that we would think of ourselves and one another in a similar way. It must crush the heart of our God when we declare any human being is unlovable, awkward, or incompetent.
Verses like 1 Peter 2:9 should contribute significantly to a high self-esteem. Seriously, if the all-powerful, all-knowing Creator has such a high view of us, who are we to disagree?
- Take a minute and reflect over that incredible declaration of who we are in God’s eyes.
- Ask the Lord for help in seeing yourself – or another person – through His eyes.