Alsbury Groups Ministry Mission Statement:
Groups at Alsbury Baptist Church exist to provide a place where everyone can CONNECT meaningfully and richly with other people so that we all can BECOME fully-devoted followers of Christ who ENGAGE our neighbors, and the world, with the Gospel.
How a Group Accomplishes the Mission:
Groups help people CONNECT by:
- Creating Community – Fellowship
- Caring for Each Other – Ministry
- Celebrating Our Lord – Worship
Groups help people BECOME by:
- Cultivating Spirituality – Discipleship
Groups help people ENGAGE by:
- Communicating Christ to the World – Evangelism
Things to Know About Life Groups:
- All studies will have been approved by the Alsbury Groups Ministry Leadership Team.
- Studies will always occur at Life Group Meetings.
- Studies can take various forms; Video based, book studies, Scripture studies, or sermon based.
- All group members are expected to regularly participate through their commitment to attend and their contribution to group discussion.
- A Life Group is considered “full” when the size limits of the venue have been reached.
- Life Groups are free to schedule meeting times to best meet the needs of the group.
- Life Groups will intentionally mature to a point of multiplication; one group will become 2 or more groups. This means that the life of a small group may only be 12 to 24 months.
Things to Know About Activity Groups:
- Activity Groups will have been approved by the Alsbury Groups Ministry Leadership Team.
- Activity Groups may vary in venue, meeting time, and meeting frequency.
- Relational connection, fellowship, and/or physical activity are the primary intent of Activity Groups.
How to Join a Life Group:
- Obtain a current list of all open Life Groups (Welcome Center, www.alsburybaptist.com).
- Email Life Group Leader expressing your interest and providing your contact information.
- Life Group Leader will contact you to provide any additional information; directions to the group site, current study, etc.
- Join the Life Group at the next scheduled meeting time.
How to Join an Activity Group:
- Obtain a current list of all Activity Groups (Welcome Center, www.alsburybaptist.com).
- Email Activity Group Leader expressing your interest and providing your contact information.
- Activity Group Leader will contact you to provide any additional information; directions to the venue, equipment needs, current times of meet, etc.
- Join the Activity Group at the next scheduled meeting time.