We have shared a lot of life over the last twenty years:
Glorious days of joy as well as days of crippling sorrow
Hundreds have committed their lives to Christ, professing their faith through baptism. Hundreds more have renewed their commitments to live for Jesus.
• We have cried with parents who held their long awaited children for the first time.
• We have cried with parents who grieved the loss of children both young and old.
• We have witnessed the vows made by young couples in love.
• We have witnessed that love lived out as couples dealt with illness and the weakness of age.
• We have anticipated what God would do as we called and ordained new leaders of our ministry.
• We have questioned what God was doing as we lost much loved ministers and leaders.
• We have birthed ministries here at home and sent missionaries to distant lands.
• We have gone where others fear to tread and continue to today because of a shared love.
• We have witnessed God at work through the “unexplainable.”
• We have seen God do the extraordinary through the “very ordinary.”
This Sunday, October 26, we celebrate it all: the blessings of the joyful and the faithfulness of God in every difficulty.
I look forward to seeing you this Sunday at 10:00. I look forward to celebrating with you through baptism at 12:00. I look forward to sharing a meal with you as well.