“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.” -2 Timothy 2:15
Physical growth requires time. Intellectual growth demands personal study.
Spiritual growth, however, only occurs through obedience to the Lord’s directives.
Scripture is the primary means of communication between God and his people. Through the Bible God reveals what he desires from, and intends for, his people. We will never achieve our personal potential without obedience to what God teaches us.
Daily time in the Bible is essential to spiritual development. We are robbed of the life God intends for us when we neglect personal time in the Bible.
There are many ways to read the Bible for personal growth. Here are five suggestions:
- Read through various books of the Bible, one or two chapters a day. Begin with John.
- Follow a daily reading plan. Many are available in a free app at YouVersion.com.
- Read five chapters from Psalms a day. Your heart will be more tender in one month.
- Read one chapter from Proverbs a day. You’ll be a little wiser in just a month.
- Read from the Old and New Testaments daily. Start with Genesis and Matthew.
You will see significant progress in your personal spiritual growth! The Holy Spirit dwelling within you will help you to understand. You will find yourself hungering from more of what God does in you through your daily time in the Word of God.