Hatred is essential to our relationship with Jesus.
As shocking as that is, it’s exactly what Jesus said.
“If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple (Luke 14:26).”
To follow Jesus is to place him above all others. A determination to follow Jesus at any cost is the essence of discipleship. Anything short of forsaking all for the sake of Christ is to embrace something other than salvation.
The teaching series we begin this Sunday will challenge us in ways we have not faced in quite some time. I hope you are praying in preparation.
Most Recent Posts
- How to Impact Your Spiritual Development May 24, 2017
- Becoming What We Were Designed to Be May 10, 2017
- Transformation Leads to Becoming May 3, 2017
- When Barriers Are Eliminated, Connection Is Possible April 26, 2017
- Embrace • Empower • Equip April 19, 2017