“I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain” Psalm 3:4 (NIV).
Less Talking More Praying
The Bible declares with significant repetition that God both hears and answers our prayers, yet prayer may be the one thing we talk about most and do least. Most, myself included, fall short of the directive to “Pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
We will never fulfill the mission Jesus gave us without an unwavering commitment to prayer. Prayer is essential to the Christian life!
- Prayer is how we hear from God regarding the specifics of how to fulfill our call.
- Through prayer we identify God’s solution to any challenges we face.
- Through prayer we tap into God’s provision for whatever he asks of us.
- Through prayer we unleash God’s will right here on earth.
If our goals and objectives can be accomplished in our own power and without prayer we have set our sights too low! Seasons of prayer must precede our planning and implementation of our ministry. As a church, we attempt things – and expect things – that can only be realized with God’s help, therefore prayer is essential!
What Are We Praying for?
This evening, Wednesday, May 29, we will gather in our youth building at 6:30 in focused prayer. Join others from the Alsbury family to pray over areas of ministry and mission either planned or scheduled in the coming weeks and months.
- A team of over twenty will go to Guatamala in June to work at an orphanage.
- College students from Alsbury will serve in Jordan this summer.
- Many of our people sponsor underprivileged children in other parts of the world.
- A mission trip to Reynosa, Mexico is planned for December, 2019.
- A 2020 collaborative mission effort is planned in Andernach, Germany.
- We will also pray over larger, less-defined areas of need.
Agenda For The Evening
- Displays will inform you on how to pray and what specific needs have been identified.
- Together we will spend an hour or so praying for these important concerns.
- Together we will ask God to meet every need and utilize the willingness of Alsbury people to take the message of Jesus to the world.