So Many Reasons to Say No
- “I don’t have the patience to be around preschoolers!”
- “I’m not a teacher. I could never come up with a bible lesson every week!”
- “I can’t relate to teenagers, I’m not trendy enough!”
And there are many other thoughts as to why someone CAN’T be involved with Alsbury’s ministries to children (AKM), teens (ATM), or individuals with special needs (IDD). But there are more important questions to ask yourself that are a better indicator if you actually CAN be involved.
Instead, Ask These Questions:
- Do I have a desire for the upcoming generation to have a passion for the Lord?
- Can I commit to being present and helping create a safe place where people can feel welcomed, loved, and appreciated on their faith journey?
- Am I willing to talk with, listen to, and pray for a few students each week?
If you answer “yes” to these questions, then you CAN do it!
- Be a Helper in Preschool on Sunday mornings during the 9:00 or 10:30 hour.
- Be LAB Partner in LAB on Sunday mornings during the 9:00 or 10:30 hour.
- Be a Small Group Leader for Youth on Sunday mornings during the 10:30 hour.
- Be a Buddy in the Forever Friends or Kingdom Kids rooms.
- Be a Coordinator for special events with Kids, Youth, or IDD.Do you like teaching?
- Be part of the teaching rotation team for LAB, Youth, or Forever Friends.
Together, let’s start thinking of ways that you CAN find your place of meaningful ministry instead of giving excuses why you CAN’T!
Our hope at Alsbury is for each person to find their place of meaningful service and ministry. To see more opportunities, click on the following link: volunteer.