Are you being called not to a PLACE but to a PEOPLE?
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,Matthew 28:19
28:19 Refugee Team is an 8-12 member team that welcomes and assists a refugee family. By meeting practical and physical needs, we pray that will lead to meeting spiritual needs for this chosen family. Once the family arrives, there is about a 3-month commitment. The exact start date is TBD because of COVID-19.
- Mandatory Training – August 9th after service
- Attendance is mandatory to be on the team.
- Meeting by Zoom only. (meeting link)
- Attendance at the training does NOT automatically sign you up for the team.
About the Team
We will be working with an organization called Refugee Services of Texas.
Visit their website for more info.
This team will provide the refugee family with extra assistance, time, advice, and material goods to help the family become self-sufficient. Refugees learn English, integrate into the community, and achieve success at higher rates with the support of a team than without.
Ways to be Involved
- Pray for the refugee family. They are traveling to a strange country, seeking shelter and a safe life, and relying on strangers for support and acceptance. Put yourself in their shoes.
- Pray that God opens doors to conversations about the Gospel.
- Pray that God prepares 8-12 people to be committed to showing love, compassion, and empathy to a family as they transition into a new life.