E3 Conference will be held at Alsbury Worship Center
Alsbury Worship Center
April 21, 2017
Friday evening, April 21, and Saturday morning, April 22, 2017
The E3 Conference guides churches in developing ministry among people living with intellectual or developmental disabilities (IDD). Conference participants will be challenged to:
- Embrace a ministry among people with disabilities;
- Empower people with disabilities to live life as fully and independently as possible:
- Equip people with the specific skills needed to minister among people with disabilities.
The conference will take place Friday evening, April 21, and Saturday morning, April 22, 2017, at Alsbury Baptist Church in Burleson, Texas.
Keynote speaker is Dr. Robert Ellis, former professor at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and current Associate Dean at Logsdon Seminary and School of Theology in Abilene, Texas.
Planned breakout sessions include:
- Providing respite care for families with special-needs members;
- Utilizing effective behavior modification in a small-group setting;
- Adapting lesson material to teach people with disabilities;
- Using visuals to communicate with people on the autism spectrum;
- Sensory challenges faced by people on the autism spectrum;
- Preparing for possible medical needs of people with disabilities.
For more information contact Alsbury Baptist Church at 817-295-0134.